On Monday, Year 9 took party in a Crystal Maze Team Building Day organised by Miss Keel. They spent the day focussing on promoting kindness, teamwork, and empathy, as well as spending time with their new form groups and tutors through various activities including:
1. **Anti-Bullying Session:** Pupils engaged in an informative and interactive session to understand the devastating impact of bullying, the importance of kindness and empathy, and discuss the difference between 'banter' and bullying.
2. **The Science of Kindness:** A workshop dedicated to exploring the profound impact of small acts of kindness and compliments, and how they can make a difference in our school community and beyond.
3. **Crystal Maze Activities:** Students will participate in Crystal Maze-style challenges, working in teams (L, I, G, H, and T) to gain points through cooperation, problem-solving, and teamwork.
4. **Teamwork Through Sport:** A sports session designed to teach the value of teamwork, cooperation, and communication through various sports games.
5. **Putting Yourself in Other People's Shoes:** A entrepreneurial session aimed at encouraging students to understand and appreciate the perspectives of others, whilst working together to design a pair of trainers and make a profit!
9G were the ultimate winners of the day and won invitations to an additional rewards trip at the end of term to Manchester's Crystal Maze!
Well done to all Year 9 pupils for your enthusiasm and involvement with the day!
Head of Year 9
Click on the right arrow, below, to see a gallery of photographs from the day.